Would you be interested in a Warlock standalone game?
Warlock has existed for a long time and we have been working on a standalone in the previous year. However when Dota2 modding was announced, we have switched to produce the Dota2 version of WL. Also, a completely new version of Unreal Engine has been released and I have been learning the new technology.
Now I think I have the technology and knowledge to create the standalone Warlock game. However, a multiplayer game is useless if there is no community and no matches are hosted. Therefore I would like to see who would be interested in such a game.
Lets review what that standalone WL would mean:
Positive: new features
- controls: key rebinding, new controls like holding the mouse for constant effect
- stats (persistent ranking, spell accuracy stats etc)
- new mechanics: there are many ideas what new concepts could be introduced into WL, we considered custom spells for example
anyway, development of the standalone would mean that those concepts could be tested (and maybe some of them will be good)
- infrastructure: we cannot compete with Dota's huge infrastructure (dedicated servers, steam integration)
- players/community: if there are not enough active players, no matches will be hosted. Dota has a huge amount of players.
(this is why i am asking if you would be interested)
- separate installation: you will need to download a few hunderd MB game and install it
- it will take time to make
A multiplayer game can only exist if it has an active community...
If you like Warlock and would be interested in playing the standalone Warlock game, please reply here.