I've upgraded the SMF forums to Flarum. There is a great deal of things different from SMF and Flarum, but considering these forums aren't being used so much anymore it probably is not necessary to go into it all.
It's basically just
- You will have to reset your password by pressing "Forgot password?" when logging in. You will receive an email. Do not make a new account!
- If you had previously linked a Steam account to your forum account, you can also use the login with Steam option. If you already have an existing account and would like to link it to a Steam account, let me know. Do not make a new account!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- All accounts that had 0 posts and had not logged in since 2015 were deleted.
- Usernames containing non-alphanumeric, non-dash and non-underscore characters were stripped of those characters.
- Flarum uses markdown, not bbcode. Cheat-sheet
- It still has some basic bbcode support, such as
- There are no private messages. If you need access to your old PMs you have to just let me know and I'll fetch them for you.
- Avatars were lost in the transition because SMF is retarded.
- Some posts might come out of this transition malformed, let me know if you see old posts that don't look right. It is also risky to edit old posts, since the format might change once you hit save (watch for changes in the preview when you hit edit).
- The "archive" (the posts from the old old forum) has been down for a while and I'm working on making those posts accessible on this forum as well.
- Proper redirects from old forum links to the new one are a work in progress.